Many people will now have seen the latest guidance from ECB in relation to the everchanging situation from the UK Government around COVID-19 (The Corona-Virus)
As the local delivery arm of the ECB, Lincolnshire Cricket would like to re-iterate the advice displayed so far.
These are undoubtedly uncertain times, as a county cricket board Lincolnshire Cricket wish to offer the most support we possibly can to our leagues, clubs and of course club members and players.
- We will continue to provide regular updates whenever we can to the network keeping them informed of the latest information as we receive it.
- We will continue to work closely with our leagues across the county during this ‘downtime’ and provide leadership through our recreational subgroup and support to local league committees.
- We will continue to work closely with our clubs to ensure where we can that disruption is minimised if at all possible
- We will work with relevant people at your club to support you in being ready to ‘restart’ once this situation is eased and cricket can reconvene, we will not stop our support, just because cricket is currently suspended.
We would also like to take this opportunity to reiterate some key points around the ECB’s communication today:
- Cricket activity is currently suspended for the time being, there are no definitive time scales on this because it is being monitoring on a daily basis, this situation is evolving rapidly and we want to be in the best position to re-activate cricket when we get the chance
- All recreational cricket activity in the county (and indeed the country) should be suspended with immediate effect until further notice. We firmly believe we all have a social responsibility to follow the advice given robustly.
Please be assured we are working very hard behind the scenes to continue the development and readiness for cricket once we get the green light, to ensure that all of cricket in Lincolnshire is in the strongest position it can be to push forward post-virus.
Thank you for all you continue to do for our great game, and most importantly STAY SAFE!