Lincolnshire Association of Cricket Officials
The ECB Association of Cricket Officials in Lincolnshire runs the programme of training courses and overseas the appointments across the county for county matches and some local leagues. There are also 4 branches which currently sit within this servicing the Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Lincoln and Stamford areas.
Courses are run in January of each year by fully qualified and experienced tutors and are generally run over 4 weeks, finalised with an exam.
Umpires are an integral part of the game and without them we can not play the game we love. We are growing increasingly short of umpires in Lincolnshire so we highly encourage you to get involved if you are interested. If you are young but don’t perhaps see yourself as a player but want to be a part of the game them there is a good opportunity for you to progress through the pathway to higher standards of umpiring in Minor Counties, Second XI and even the professional game.
Lincoln & District Umpires Association are running two ECB ACO Level 1 course this winter.
This is a course for those wishing to start umpiring for their club or in local leagues. No previous knowledge is expected, but most who take part will have played or done some umpiring. It is also of interest to those who want to understand more about the game and its laws.
The course uses the ECB ACO course book to supplement numerous slides showing situations in cricket matches and there will be practical demonstrations where possible.
Cost for Either Course: £70.00 – includes course materials, Laws of Cricket, the ‘Bible’ of umpires – Tom Smith’s Cricket Umpiring and Scoring and 12 months membership of ECB ACO (which includes insurance whilst umpiring).
- Application for either course to: Garth Dowson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairman – David Tress
- Vice Chairman – Eric King
- Secretary – Robyn Wilkinson – email@example.com
- Assistant Secretary – Philip Tutty
- Appointment Officer – David Chambers – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Officer – Ian Foster –
- Scorers Officer – Shelley Clayton – email@example.com
- Publicity Officer – Ann Boulton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Officer – David Tress – email@example.com
- Performance Officer – Steve Massingham
Grimsby Umpires Association
- Secretary – Stuart Mulligan firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincoln Umpires Association
- Secretary – Ian Hoffler – email@example.com
Scunthorpe Umpires Association
- Secretary – Nigel Fisher – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamford Umpires Association
- Secretary – Ken Forsyth – email@example.com