Lincolnshire Development Courses
This winter we are pleased to announce the new Lincolnshire Development Programmes taking place before and after Christmas.
The courses will allow players to hone their skills in a specialist environment, focussing on the development of specific skills, fitness and their mental approach to cricket.
Are courses are available across the county (North, Central, and South). We also provide a range of courses including boys, girls, county, regional, and courses for all kids hard ball competent to give everybody the opportunity to develop their game.
All our courses are delivered by fully-qualified County Cricket Coaches who hold Enhanced DBS, First Aid and Safeguarding & Protecting Children Certificates.
- Since it was first introduced by the Lincolnshire Cricket Board, Regional Cricket has been many young players first taste of representative cricket within the County.There are Regional teams at U10, U11, U12 and U13 age groups, each age group has Three teams, South Central and North. This produces a competitive festival that takes place early in the summer followed by one later in the year as well as league matches.Regional Cricket plays a vital part in the player pathway within the county. Players are recommended into the initial trial process by their cricket clubs and schools and it serves as a fantastic opportunity for a large number of aspiring young cricketers to show off their talents to the highly experienced county coaches.
We are pleased to inform you that we will be running our Lincolnshire Development Programme in Grimsby as well as in Lincoln and Stamford. Our Development Programmes have been running for three or four years now across Lincolnshire, and have been a great success in the development of many of our young cricketers.
The programme offers players the opportunity to train on a Wednesday evening, in a specialist environment, to improve and develop their game. These extra coaching sessions are completely optional and should not be confused with County or Regional Training. This is a separate entity to give players the opportunity for additional coaching.
The courses will be run by Level 2 & 3 Lincolnshire County Coaches and will include small group sessions, two to one and one to one coaching. It will focus on developing a player’s skills in all three disciplines of the game – batting, bowling and fielding – as well as a player’s mental approach to the game and understanding of tactics.
There are 12 places available on each of the sessions, so they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. This Development Programme is open to all players, girls and boys that are hard ball competent.
As these courses involve specialist coaching and one to one coaching, the cost per player is £110.00 for the 6 week programme. At the end of the programme, we also compile a progress report for each player, which details strengths, weaknesses and what the player should continue to work on in his/her club environment.
Your son/daughter will need to bring all his/her equipment for hardball cricket and wear suitable footwear for indoor practice. Please also remember to bring a drink to each session.
The first session from 6pm to 7.30pm will be for players U10 to U13 Boys & Girls and the second session for players 14+ Boys & Girls.
The courses will run for 6 weeks and the details are as follows:
- Franklin College Sports Hall – Grimsby, Chelmsford Avenue, Grimsby, DN34 5BY
- Weds 1st November, 8th November, 15th November, 22nd November & November 29th
- 6pm to 7.30pm – U10 to U13 Boys & Girls7.30pm to 9pm – U14 + Boys & Girls
- STAMFORD COURSES
- Stamford Endowed Junior School, Kettering Road, Stamford, Lincs, PE92LR
- LINCOLN COURSES